USA vs. the World



Friday, June 09, 2006

Ballack: I can play

German midfielder Michael Ballack, considered one of the best players in the world, was ruled out yesterday by coach Jurgen Klinsmann. And yet today he says he can play, and isn't injured.

'I am fit, I want to play,' he told Bild. 'I am ready and without problems.

'Whether I will be playing or not is up to the national team coach.'

Ballack has been accused of lacking professionalism after waiting more than two days to report the injury, which he sustained in a 3-0 victory over Colombia on June 2.

The newspaper hinted the difference of opinion was the sign of a rift between coach and captain, perhaps caused by Ballack's recent comments about the side not concentrating enough on defence.
Generally it's not good to have your best player fighting with your coach the day before the game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home