USA vs. the World



Friday, June 16, 2006

US vs. England lineups

Joe Conway has a post that I completely agree with. He asks who on the US team could start for England.

His conclusion: none of the US players would play for England. Personally, I think Keller would start, Donovan might have a chance on the right half, and Eddie Johnson is good enough when he's on his game.

But that's it. I mean, heck, Japan and Ivory Coast have more players from Europe's top leagues. And that's why it's hard for me to be optimistic about the US (although I do hold out hope of a draw, and maybe even a win against Italy, I am realistic). But soccer isn't necessarily about individual talents. It's about playing smart, and making the most of your scoring chances. So the US still does have some chance to redeem itself from a frustrating opening match.

1 Comments:

At 5:43 AM, Blogger yet another rice alum said...

wait. i thought you said John O'Brien was the best player the US had.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home