USA vs. the World



Friday, June 09, 2006

Liveblogging Costa Rica vs. Germany

We're underway! I have no idea how much I'll be writing, but I have my laptop in front of me.

GOAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL! In the 6th minute. Great shot from near the left corner. Midfielder (I think) Philip Lahm scores from the very edge of the right corner of the box right into the upper 90 right corner. What a shot to open the World Cup. The goalie wasn't even close.

9th minute -- Wow, Germany just made three tackles in about 10 seconds that I would've carded for each. Instead, the ref didn't call any fouls. Interesting.

12th minute -- Wanchope scores for Costa Rica! Wow. Germany is complaining that he was offside. He wasn't, though it was close. Perfect timing on the through ball, and he was all alone on the breakaway.

17th minute -- Mirosla Klose scores!


Sorry got caught up in the game. Klose scores the second and third, and takes an early lead for the Golden Shoe, given to the player who scores the most.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home