USA vs. the World



Saturday, June 17, 2006

My lineup

I've said it before: I think Arena needs to get the 11 on the field who have the greatest potential.

For me, that means Johnson and O'Brien have to be on the field at the start. They can't be brought on for the second half when the US is already down 2-0. Also, I want Landon Donovan to get the ball, and to have space to create. To me, that's when he's at his best.

So I'd put McBride and Johnson up top. O'Brien and Reyna in center mids. Landon Donovan out on the the right mid, and Beasley on the left. Beasley isn't playing well, but he's obviously much more confident on the left than the right.

I didn't mention it before the Czech game, but I definitely think Bocanegra should be on the pitch. I didn't mention it because it was obvious Bruce Arena wasn't going to start him. Pope and Onyewu will obviously start. and I'd probably have Lewis back there too, and make one of them play on the right. Defense is a little harder for me, because that requires thinking about matchups.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home